Friday, April 9, 2010

Our Trip To Indy...

We had a great trip to Indianapolis. It was good for both Dusty and I to take a long distance trip just the 2 of us. It was an adventure for sure, but I think that the time that we spent together (doing something that is not an ordinary excursion) was good for us and we became closer. The games were absolutely the best and it didn't matter that we weren't super close to the court because the energy that you felt in the stadium was well worth it! I think that I have Dusty hooked and we are thinking about making it an annual trip, which I am totally okay with! Since I am writing this post while I sit in my Friday night class, I can't add any of the pictures that we took. As soon as I get home I will post some pictures. Other than our trip not a lot is going on. I have 4 weeks left of the semester and Dusty has 5 weeks left. Dusty got registered this week for the Diesel Technology program that starts in the fall. We are Sunbeam teachers on Sundays as well as our newest calling as Ward Missionaries. I was really excited to become a Sunbeam teacher and Dusty wasn't too thrilled about it, but he is really good with the kids. We switched roles when it came to the Ward Missionary calling. Dusty was super excited to be called a Missionary again and I wasn't super thrilled, but the Lord has a higher purpose and I know that I will learn something from this calling and I have changed my attitude about it and I am ready to be an instrument in the Lords hands. We hope that everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

whit said...

I am so happy that you got to go! That is AWESOME! I can't wait to see pics!

jessica + clay said...

Sounds like a blast! Ward missionaries, eh? That's our calling too and to tell you the truth, I didn't have the best attitude at first either. It's probably a lot different here in Washington than Twin :) And yes, there is a purpose for the calling! ha ha Keep with it!